**JLOPEZ0507's BLOG**

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

BzzCampaign - Chobani Greek Yogurt - Recipes Using Chobani

Hola!!!

Had the opportunity to try Chobani Greek Yogurt for FREE.. yes FREE thanks to a BzzCampaign on BzzAgent. Thoughts??? C'mon in and find out!

Mexican Cooking.. with a hint of Greek!



I guess you can say I'm a fan of yogurt... but I will admit I don't eat it all the time... rarely even. Then a while back Greek yogurt started making a big presence so being the foodie I am, I had to try. I liked! The consistency was thicker and more satisfying... but I will admit that although I did eat it more than regular yogurt, I still don't eat it frequently. So... then I was contacted by BzzAgent to try and test Chobani Greek Yogurt. Of course I accepted because... well why not??!!

I had heard much hype about Greek yogurt being used in many recipes from sweet to savory and that it could replace sour cream. So how could I incorporate Chobani Greek yogurt into my very, very Mexican daily recipes??? Ding! In one of my green salsa recipes of course! It was oh so good and we couldn't even tell the difference!

Grab a pen and paper 'cause the recipe is coming up!

Ingredients


Creamy Green Salsa (Salsa Verde):


  • tomatillos (1lb)
  • chiles (serrano or jalapeños.. serranos are spicier so choose your heat level)
  • garlic powder
  • Chobani Greek Yogurt (PLAIN! No vanilla here!)
  • cilantro (grab a little less than a handful)
  • salt
  • water (to boil the tomatillo and chiles)
  1. Boil tomatillos and chiles together until both turn an olive color
boiling the ingredients

  1. Toss boiled tomatillos and chiles into a blender.. with about half a cup of the water you used to boil them
  2. Add cilantro, a dash of garlic powder (about a tsp), a heaping tablespoon of Chobani Greek Yogurt and salt to taste and blend
*TIP: To bring this salsa up a whole other level, add half a large aguacate (avocado) or a whole small one to step number 2!!

Salsa Verde / Creamy Green Salsa

  
Then another DING!! I was in a crunch and needed Mexican crema ASAP... well why not use the Chobani Greek yogurt??!! 

All I did was place a few tablespoons of Chobani Greek Yogurt into a small bowl, add a few splashes of milk and a dash or two of salt.. mix... and listo!


My "Mexican Crema"


It was muy delicioso ! My VERY picky daughter even gobbled up her green beans after she got a taste of them dipped in the "Mexican crema" I whipped up!

Gobbling up her green beans!

Chobani Greek Yogurt is an excellent addition to my very Mexican kitchen!

Mi cena deliciosa!


**Free samples were received from BzzAgent, Chobani, and Kroger.. ALL opinions are solely my own and not influenced in ANY way!**

No comments:

Post a Comment