**JLOPEZ0507's BLOG**

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Recipe: Green Smoothie - Starring Lifeway Kefir

A few days ago I posted on my FB page about how I had more energy (and actually wanted to work!) thanks to a green juice/smoothie I'd been drinking every morning. Some of you wanted to know what exactly it was... well here it is!

Green Smoothie



Green Smoothie
  • handful of Spring Mix Salad (minus the red leaf lettuce.. these tend to be bitter)
  • 1/4 cup of crushed pineapple (or 2 rings)
  • 1/4 cup pineapple juice
  • 1/2 cup of Peach Lifeway Kefir (you can substitute any flavor or yogurt you'd like)
  • 1 banana
Ingredients

  1. Add all the ingredients to your blender (starting with the wet ingredients at the bottom so that it blends easier)
  2. Blend (If it's hard to blend add 2 Tbs of water)
  3. Enjoy!

Wasn't that easy??! LOL The trick here is to add enough of the other stuff so you don't taste any of the greens. I've even made a version where I didn't add the banana but used 2 stalks of celery and some lime juice instead.. wasn't bad but I prefer the thickness/sweetness the banana gave it. 

Now let me tell you that I was fortunate enough to try Lifeway Kefir FREE courtesy of Influenster's VoxBox Program for product testing purposes. I wasn't sure if I'd be a fan but since it was free I thought "what the heck" and grabbed a bottle. (I should also add that they make ice cream too!) Tasting it alone, it's really like a yogurt smoothie.... which is where I got the idea to add it to my green juice/smoothie. If you'd like to try, just click here to get a $1.00 off coupon. It retails at about $3.48 or so for the 32 fl oz at any Kroger so the $1.00 off is a pretty good deal.

Peach Lifeway Kefir

If you try it or my GREEN SMOOTHIE please let leave me comments below! I'd love to know what you thought of it!

XOXOX,

Jenny





No comments:

Post a Comment