**JLOPEZ0507's BLOG**

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Recipe: Jenny's Ponche Navideño

One of my favortie things to enjoy during the holidays is Ponche Navideño. LOVE the fruitiness, sweetness, and warmth it brings to the night. I had no clue how to make it so out I went searching for recipes... what did I find? Well, that the Ponche's recipe really depends on the chef... I ventured out and made my own.... RESULTS? AWESOME yummy Ponche that spoke of me and my favorite flavors :)


Ingedients I used:
guayabas - 1lb
apples - 6
cinnamon sticks - handfull
whole cloves - 6
piloncillo - 1 cone
sugar - 1

1. Cut half of your guayabas in half.
2. Place all ingredients in a stock pot (size depends on the amount of Ponche you want to make)

3. Add water (I used roughly 1 1/2 gallons)
4. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for approx 1 hour, taste for desired sweetness and your DONE!
5. Enjoy your delicious, warm, cup of Ponche Navideño!
P.S. I know this post is a little late but my 2 girls, hubby and me all caught the flu and were sick for 2 weeks straight :( Gracias a Diosito ya estamos mejor!

No comments:

Post a Comment